[Magdalen] Prayers for Milo

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:12:20 UTC 2014

May I ask for prayers for our little dachshund Milo...He's had the usual
day of following the sun around the front yard, basking until it sinks
behind the garden wall and then jumping excitedly until his food arrives.
All was normal until he suddenly collapsed and started crying and dragging
one back leg.

Fortunately the rest of the family were home and my husband and younger son
rushed him to the vet, which is more or less across the road. Vet says he
thinks it's a "spinal stroke". He's given a cortisone injection and some
Valium...Milo is resting. I've taken him out of his kennel and put him in
his basket on top of a sleeping bag and towel, and snuggled under a
blanket.

Chipo, the other dachshund, won't be separated from him so to stop her
screaming the whole evening I've let her join him. She helps keep him warm
and he's used to her being there, even though she might add pressure
whatever's uncomfortable. And something is because he's constantly crying
quietly to himself. The vet told Keith he wouldn't be in pain, just
distress from some kind of funny feeling in his back leg or legs. He also
said that it would either sort itself out or it wouldn't, and if it doesn't
there's not much more he can do.

My son Evan, who's the Chief Dog Feeder and official owner of Milo is
tearful and we're all very worried as well as distressed by the crying and
whining. I've given him a crushed Rescue Remedy tablet in a half spoon of
yoghurt, which he ate quite readily, but so far no improvement...or maybe a
bit less...I keep praying for some relief and peace for him, if a dog can
feel peace. He doesn't respond to efforts to comfort him by voice or by
petting.

We don't know how old Milo is, he's a rescue dog and certainly had a hard
time for while before he was rescued, he was found on a golf course. He's
the sweetest, gentlest and happiest dog I've ever known and very much part
of the family but we've known for a while that he's crossed the line into
Old Dog territory.

Sally D