[Magdalen] Some more Advent prep

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 21:50:44 UTC 2014

This isn't one of "our" Advent hymns, and it's not even one I particularly
like, but I found this rendition particularly touching for a couple of
reasons. Most of the Indian nurses I worked with at my last job were from
Kerala and were Catholic and very devout. Even those who weren't Catholic
were Christian and also very devout. This hymn seems peculiar to the
Catholic church and the second verse being sung in one of the Indian
languages made me tear up a little thinking of my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6sozR5l5FA