[Magdalen] Snowing now

James Oppenheimer-Crawford oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 10:15:26 UTC 2014

It used to be in bags with a logo "DEERS LOVE IT" on it.  Now the logo is
no longer there.  However, the bags are readily available, and the
squirrels and turkeys and birds do indeed love it.  The turkeys are
incredible creatures; I can well understand why Franklin wanted to make
them the national bird.  They come in droves through the yard, apparently
picking up ticks and other bugs as they go.  They look dull brown until you
get close to them, when the lush color of the feathers becomes apparent.

All of these animals were here before we were, and will be here after we
are gone.  And we cannot change that, although lord knows a lot of folks
have tried.

James W. Oppenheimer-Crawford
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente