[Magdalen] Episcopal News Service highlights Episcopal Church in South Carolina

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 12:36:19 UTC 2014

What will happen when events take place that involve the entire ECUSA, or
for that matter the Communion? Who would be invited to attend Lambeth if it
does take place - both Bishops?

Actions are louder than words...

Perhaps, numerically, the centre of gravity of our Church is moving
Southwards. Our rector mentioned in his sermon today (a fairly standard
Evangelical take on the Second Coming), that Nigeria currently has more
Anglican Church members than the rest of the Communion put together. Whilst
we all know the church there is massive, that sounded a bit of a stretch
but all the same, it does suggest a sea-change in the Communion.

As an African Anglican I hope and pray that the centre will hold and
embrace the different strains of belief but with modern communications I
guess that's becoming more of a challenge every passing year.

Sally D