[Magdalen] GTS

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 10:30:53 PDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM, Jim Guthrie <jguthrie at pipeline.com> wrote:
> Well, you've forgotten that MP and EP are available in many TEC parishes
> within
> a brisk walk of GTS.  I'd see GTS students at MP and EP at places like St
> Mary
> the Virgin, for example.

But there's also the standard seminary ideal of having the students be
a worshiping community while they're there. Granted, this is easier to
form and sustain in a seminary like Nashotah House, out in the woods
and lakes of rural Wisconsin, where it's more like a Benedictine
monastery with few outside options. They take full advantage of that
and explicitly use the term Benedictine to describe what they're
aiming for.

So I think it's a bit more than having MP, Eucharist, and EP available
to students; it's that the seminary can become, perhaps for the only
time in some of the students' ministries, a community keeping the full
rule of worship. But I recognize that this value might not be
universally, um, valued.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA