[Magdalen] Gary Peter Fertig, Priest + R.I.P.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 17:18:40 PDT 2014

Our retired rector at Ascension, Chicago, died today. The first most
of us heard of his illness was via an intercession at Mass last night,
"Pray for Gary Fertig, who is gravely ill." After Mass, many who were
present went to the sacristy right away to ask the celebrant what was
wrong with Gary+; he didn't know and said when he opened the
intercession book and read the petition, that was the first he had
heard and was all he knew.

Rest eternal grant unto your faithful servant Gary, Priest, O Lord,
and let light perpetual shine upon him.
May his soul, and the souls of all the departed, through the mercy of
God rest in peace. Amen.

http://www.ascensionchicago.org
(As webmaster, I figured I should do something to get the word out and
make the site not look business-as-usual, so I stopped the slide show
and made the page temporarily all about this announcement. Major
Solemn Requiem ahead, I'm sure. He lived in Ann Arbor, Michigan (while
maintaining a lakeshore condo here in Chicago); I don't know about any
arrangements yet.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA