[Magdalen] gmail woes

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 18:25:25 PDT 2014

I bought a tablet before my recent trip to UK and Poland. Decided it wasn't
something that worked well for me, so have decided to return it and get
another laptop.

Couldn't figure out how to delete the gmail account from the tablet so
decided to change the password. Several years ago, I had set up a
forwarding email account with the Univ of Calgary to receive things like
the password change codes. It was set to forward to my secondary account at
cox.net.

I started the password change and never received the code at my cox
account. A little searching has sown that U of C decided that the accounts
are now on an annual fee (I never received notice of the change), implying
that if you had kept your account current, you would not lose anything. I
don't know when they made the change, so paying $60 to keep the account
doesn't make sense at the moment *+(have probably already lost everything).

Meanwhile, I could not get back into my account. The gmail help page is
totally useless.

Now, for some reason, I can get back into the account on my old password.

Am hesitant to try the password change again but know I need to.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted