[Magdalen] cemetery plots...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Oct 3 05:18:44 PDT 2014

In a message dated 10/3/2014 2:31:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
oppenheimerjw at gmail.com writes:

We have  not planned for our own deaths.>>>

The pattern has been established in my family to make cremation
the norm.  A good part of this is that you can readily pay for the  fees
in advance.  Most cremation groups have payment plans, so it's
relatively painless.  I've long since paid my fees which will cover  the
cremation and the shipping to the family plots in NW Wisconsin.

There are two family burial plots just across from each other at the
cemetery, and since cremains take so little space, there's plenty of
room for several generations.

The lovely floral urns - there are three of them - that have been
carefully planted each spring, tended by the cemetery staff
(with extra fees) and stored each autumn will be kept going
as long as I survive, but will discontinued after I'm gone.

I've just completed the VA forms for brass grave marker for me, indicating
what I want listed for my military service.  Along with the obvious  life
dates,
it will simply be "Major, US Army Medical Corps, US Army Europe".
This request will be on file in the NW Wisconsin Veterans' Office.

David Strang.