[Magdalen] your ongoing prayers, please

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:19:21 PDT 2014

Oh, Marion, how frightful.  It sounds as though "our" lawyer might deserve
reporting to professional standards (here it would be the Law Society).
What he did there was unethical and unprofessional!!

Prayers that justice will prevail.

 I really don't think an agreement like that - at least here in South
Africa - would be allowed by a court to supersede the normal protections of
a marriage, be that an ante-nuptial contract or just the usual default
which for us is accrual. Each party keeps the assets he or she brought into
the marriage but value accrued thereafter is fairly divided as the parties
agree.

Mediation is a much, much better way to go but good faith is necessary for
it to succeed.

Sally D