[Magdalen] your ongoing prayers, please

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 18:29:30 PDT 2014

I do agree, Sally, about the ethics and professionalism of this. Geez, I
was ripe for the picking.  Sadly, he died two years ago, and perhaps
just as well.    So it's Jim version versus mine.  Jim appears to have a
photographic memory of events leading up to the actual signing in
1991!!!!  I must see how good mine is.

Yes, current legal opinion says that you could shoot holes through it,
that family law has firmed up a lot from the loosey-goosey times of
1991, that there wasn't proper and full financial disclosure, that I
signed away rights without any chance of gain --  'a classic gratuitous
release', and that no lawyer today would allow me to sign without
independent legal counsel, etc.

Marion, a pilgrim