[Magdalen] Prayers for my knee

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 17:49:04 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/13/2014 1:20:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
charles.wohlers at verizon.net writes:

Thanks  to all. Ice was applied at the hospital, and recommended, but I
haven't  been using it.>>>

Many years ago I stayed briefly at a motel that had been a classical
Holiday Inn:  two stories and circled by outdoor balconies.  My  room
was on the second floor, and the bottom of the main stairway was
poorly lit, and not once, but twice, I misgauged the steps, and  slammed
my poor right knee unto the pavement.  All this was right in front of  an
outdoor pub operated by the motel, and my swan dive was greeted with
applause.  Talk about insult with injury!

The knee and the lower leg became elephantine.  The pain was  awful,
and I concluded seeing Disney World with the help a wheelchair.   There
was no permanent damage when I checked the x-rays on my return
to Pennsylvania.

David Strang.