[Magdalen] Riding the CTA.

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 14 07:03:34 UTC 2014

I stumbled upon a number of YouTube videos of contemporary and
past rides on the CTA = Chicago Transit Authority.  I watched a  few
of them, including the video of the North Shore RR.  The  subway/elevated
lines are all familiar to me from my student days in the 1950's, and it  was
pure nostalgia watching these videos.

A number of them were either a front view of the tracks or a back  view,
and after about an hour of this, I became very nauseated, and near
emesis.  I guess I'm not tuned into riding the rails any more, but  at
one time, I loved sitting at the very front of the CTA trains just next  to
the engineer's booth, and also at the rear of passenger trains, such
as the Burlington Zephyr for hours on end.

At any rate, I'm pleased people have posted these for all to see.  I  guess
one can find almost anything on YouTube.

David Strang.