[Magdalen] Magdalen] neat comparisons

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 23:58:05 UTC 2014

Creationism is the invention of a kind of pseudo-science, based on the
primary assumption that the Bible is literally true, and if science
disagrees with that, then science must be mistaken.

I would not say any of our faith in a creator involves creationism, for we
follow truth; we do not just make stuff up in order to "discover" the
pseudo-truth we "knew" all along.

There's a difference between believing that God is creator of the Universe
and believing that we have to invent out of whole cloth something to
"explain" a collection of Iron-age myths and tales as if they were inerrant
truth.

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente