[Magdalen] Pray for GTS today

Don Boyd thedonboyd at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 17 23:13:49 UTC 2014

Am I correct in inferring that the GTS Boards message to Dean Dunkle is
"Attaboy, keep up the good work," and to the "resigned" faculty it is "If
you are willing to eat the heaping plate of crow we place before you, we may
reinstate you for the remainder of this academic year"?  Might a further
inference that Dean Dunkle is doing exactly what they intended when they
hired him be justified?

Sayres' Law, promulgated in the middle of the last century, said:  "Academic
politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes
are so low."   One can find references to the viciousness of ecclesiastical
politics going back for many centuries.  This GTS case makes me suspect that
when the  political practicioners are both ecclesiasts and academics, all
hell will break loose.

Lord, have mercy.  Christ, have mercy.  Lord, have mercy.

Don in Austin