[Magdalen] hellooooooo

Scott Rollins organist at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 10:29:17 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 1:11 AM, Sally Davies <sally.davies at gmail.com>
wrote:

> But since the advent of Facebook as a thing that older people do, we're a
> much smaller active company than we used to be, and definitely a more
> peaceable one. I was just thinking, earlier this week, that not once in the
> past two years since we moved from Cape Town to PE, have I needed to worry
> about a tetchy relationship on the List. Life as a Publican has become very
> lazy which is just as well considering I'm working pretty much full time
> these days.

​I also think that many of us have spent a long time on these lists
together, and on most topics that would have generated discussion in years
past, we have all spoken our piece and have all heard what most of the
others think, as well. ​

​(And many "new topics" are "old topics dressed in new clothes.")

Thursday, I visited my somewhat-former parish (the parish I attended before
taking my organist job, but where my membership still is and where I often
substitute for their organist at funerals which conflict with his day job).
Part of that was to deal with an emotional Wednesday (my first midweek
eucharist and choir rehearsal since announcing my resignation, and walking
in the darkened, empty church before anybody else had arrived, I felt the
first sense of loss around my departure)​, by attending their Thursday
morning eucharist.

So it was kind of a "full circle" moment in that not only did I go back to
a familiar place, but the lections the rector chose to observe this week
were for one Samuel Isaac Joseph Schereschewsky, so I definitely had
reflections in mind of my days on "his" list.

Kristin
​who needs to figure out either when to change the name on this email
account
or what new email address to use​