[Magdalen] Retirement

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 03:41:47 UTC 2014

Congrats, Roger upon reaching this, the height of living!
You know, having had priests in the family, I've often thought that
retirement for them is a bit of a misnomer. My father-in-law was I
think more busy doing locums, temporary  takeovers in other priests'
extenuating circumstances, etc. etc.,  after his retirement than
before. There is an Instant Sunshine song about Judges, that really
applies to priests, too. It's Habeas Corpse, with a refrain like this:
"Old judges never die, they don't even fade away!"

Regards
Lesley de Voil