[Magdalen] Retirement

Louise Laughton llaug at twcny.rr.com
Mon Oct 20 13:26:57 UTC 2014

Younger people don't know what a fifth is; booze has been metric for a while now. I remember a story, perhaps apocryphal, about  Baptists who followed one year's highly successful slogan, "A Million More in '54," with the next year's "Every Four Bring a Fifth." Backtracking became imperative.

On Oct 20, 2014, at 9:10 AM, Jay Weigel wrote:

And I'll fourth it. Now who'll have a fifth? *Listens for the clamor*