[Magdalen] EC v. ED of Ft. Worth

Roy Murphy roy.murphy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 21:26:16 UTC 2014

The Episcopal church won in the state district court and the appeals court
but the TX Supreme Court ruled in favor of the former bishop of Ft. Worth.
TEC appealed to SCOTUS. The brief is not a bad argument. It has already
gotten a few amicus curae briefs in support.

SCOTUS hasn't yet decided whether to grant cert on the case. The justices
will discuss it on 12/31 and decide whether to hear the case, deny the
request they hear it or hold it over for another conference.