[Magdalen] EC v. ED of Ft. Worth

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 21 03:29:50 UTC 2014

In a message dated 10/20/2014 11:09:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

the  conservatives 'left, wanting to take everything'  >>>>

It's interesting how all this plays out in various locales.

Here in NE Pennsylvania USA, the strong conservatives were clustered
into the Procathedral in Wilkes-Barre, and Good Shepherd Church,  Scranton,
and when they left after the +Gene Robinson consecration, they  marched
pretty much en masse to the RCC under the provisions of the Anglican  Use.
They took the Good Shepherd Rector with them and he was ordained as a
RC priest despite being married with a couple of children.

They continue to have their Anglican-style Liturgies despite being in
full communion with the Bishop of Rome.

They were not interested in attempting to take anything but  themselves,
I guess in order to make it easier to swim the Tiber  :-)

What they did take was their pledges, and I know that at the  Procathedral,
this was an enormous blow from which they have not recovered these
ten years later.  The conservative departees were at the top of  the
list in stewardship.

OTOH - overheard in an elevator ride at a local hospital:  "That's all  we
need in the (RC) Diocese of Scranton: another bunch of misogynists."

David Strang.