[Magdalen] Fwd: [Diocese] (SPAM: ?) From Bishop John Chapman on today's events in Ottawa

Scott Rollins organist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 19:53:56 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bishop's Office <bishopsoffice at ottawa.anglican.ca>
Date: Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 3:17 PM
Subject: [Diocese] (SPAM: ?) From Bishop John Chapman on today's events in
Ottawa
To: Diocesan List <diocese at ottawa.anglican.org>

Like all Canadians, we are following today's news from Parliament Hill—just
blocks from our Synod office—with shock and trepidation. In this moment of
huge uncertainty, building lockdowns, evacuated streets, barricaded shopping
malls, and minute-by-minute updates, we draw strength and courage from our
faith and pray that this event will soon be over.

We trust in the professionalism of our police and armed forces. We pray for
the soul of the soldier who lost his life at the outset of today's incident.
We have faith in the resilience of those charged with countering acts of
violence in our land.

Please pray for all those at the centre of this situation and for a return
to calm in our homes, hearts and streets.

† John

The Rt. Rev. John H. Chapman

Bishop of Ottawa

Anglican Diocese of Ottawa

Tel: 613-233-7741

Fax: 613-232-3995

bishopsoffice at ottawa.anglican.ca

http://www.ottawa.anglican.ca

This message and any attachments are directed in confidence to the
addressee(s) only.

If you have received it in error, please delete it and notify the sender
immediately.