[Magdalen] when a TEC church closes... was -->Re: Pray for GTS today

Lynn Ronkainen ichthys89 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 20:20:00 UTC 2014

From: "Mahoney, W. Michael"> But when the "piscos" were baptized and married
there; and saw their
> children baptized and married there;  and their grandchildren baptized as
> well, it can be hard for them to think of the place being converted to
> condos or a bar.

Speaking of closing churches... This is 'in the family' (TEC).

http://telling-secrets.blogspot.com/

if this link does not take you direct, the name of the essay is: Pain
touches Pain, October 11, 2014

Elizabeth Kaeton+ semi retired Episcopal priest who blogs and FBs and now
lives in MD(formerly NJ), addressed 'the closed church' (in the dio of NJ)
in a recent serendipitous (my words) blog entry.  Telling the story of
someone who contacted her clear up a mystery of who cashed their checks and
where the dollars went - the checks a family had sent over a period of time
to support their former parish after moving away. Turned out the church had
been closed, but the checks had all been cashed...

Lynn

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck

Thomas Merton writes, “People may spend their whole lives climbing the
ladder of success only to find, once they reach the top, that the ladder is
leaning against the wrong wall.”

"What you seek is seeking you." - Rumi

 <wmmah at stoneledge.net>