[Magdalen] Pray for GTS today

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Wed Oct 22 20:44:59 UTC 2014

From: Mahoney, W. Michael

>But when the "piscos" were baptized and married there; and saw their
>children baptized and married there;  and their grandchildren baptized as
>well, it can be hard for them to think of the place being converted to
>condos or a bar.

But not enough to have enough members to support it -- despite the regular check
from the bereaved.

But all in all, most mainline and RCs seem to be in the building preservation
business rather than doing ministry. It's just as difficult to keep up adequate
compensation packages for clergy when all we demand of them is to be there on
Sunday plus basic pastoral maintenance.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie