[Magdalen] gas prices?

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 21:55:44 UTC 2014

Allan, Unfortunately the carbon being emitted doesn't immediately sit
back on the earth. It spends considerable time in the atmosphere as
CO2 and other gases, providing an insulating blanket, slowing down the
retransmission of heat energy from the sun. (Until the early 20th
century, the amount of soiar radiation hitting the earth was balanced
by the amount of heat radiation leaving it.)
What we could do with (in one sense) is a really big volcanic event
(think Yellowstone) that emitted enough cloudy dust to blanket the
earth for some years, that would really diminish the amount of heat
entering the system. Unfortunately, it would have the side effect of
ruining agriculture worldwide for some years. The results would not be
pretty for people and other living creatures.

Regards
Lesley de Voil