[Magdalen] Computer woes

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 00:02:05 UTC 2014

My primary (desktop)is giving me messages that I am going to have a hard
drive failure soon; to do an immediate backup and then replace the drive.

I did the backup (I have an external HD set to back the computer weekly). I
went to Best Buy before band rehearsal to pick up a new HD.

I have the recovery disks I made when I got the computer new several years
ago, along with the recent backup.

When I replace the drive, do I try t boot up with the recovery disks?

Side story - I called HP support, the young man named Mike (good midwestern
US accent) started asking questions and I could not for the life of me
understand one of his phrases. Finally figured out that he was asking for
an alternate phone # (pronounced al-ter-NATE) After talking a bit longer,
the accent began to slip and it was obvious he was not from Indiana.  I
don't care where they are from if they can answer my question Why try to
cover it up?

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted