[Magdalen] Jonas Salk happy birthday

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:40:29 UTC 2014

And I remember stepping up into a yellow school bus and being
driven to St. Catherine's church, which had a cavernous but well-lit
basement, and how surprised I was to see our neighbor Dr. Shattuck
supervising the process. I'd never been on a bus before and I'd
never seen so many children in one place in my life.

They'd laid out gym mats on the floor for the kids who fainted.
One little fellow was wearing a cub scout uniform. I was ashamed
for him, really. "Dear God ! A man in uniform!" I thought.

Ah, life in a navy town.
-M