[Magdalen] Prayer request for friend, and Update on Mom.

M J [Mike] Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 7 15:09:43 PDT 2014

>>>Try calling her earlier in the day, say on your morning break or your lunch
break. She may be more alert and her memory may be better then. Keep it
brief and cheerful. That worked with my mom for a long time. Make it close
to the same time, 2 or 3 times a week. Maybe one of those times could be on
a weekend when Ev could talk with her.<<<

Mom has no phone.  The difficulty with was staff, many of whom treated me like shit, and I told the Head Cheese as much.  He wanted names, but I'm not a name-taker, generally.  He definitely got the story, though, and was told by me that his receptionist of the moment (the "concierge") deserves a raise, so well did she take my multiple calls, and try to put me in touch with someone who even knew where my mom was.  The Head Cheese told me she was in the cafeteria with my brother.  I at that point realised my behind-the-scenes battle was not going to be successful.  Therefore, I'll just wait.  As always, Kenneth wins.  And, maybe, Mom too.  Maybe both he and she are in agreement not to burden me with information?

Sent from my cOmputer