[Magdalen] [Mgdln] (SPAM: ?) Who is your modern 'saint'?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 11:10:48 PDT 2014

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Dorothy Collman <dac7792 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Our rector also checks HWHM and uses it for mid-week service. Sometimes he also looks at it for the Sunday service.

We have HWHM in the sacristy but pretty much stick to the observances
that show up on the Churchman's Ordo Kalendar. I think HWHM is used as
a resource for more information about a saint being observed.

The next edition of HWHM might have a different title and might have
two tiers of commemorations so it isn't like the calendar is being
filled to the brim, and different parishes can choose to keep all
commemorations or the smaller tier of them (which I imagine would be
something like the latest Lesser Feasts & Fasts). So there could be
less of the type of thing that goes "Almighty God, N. wrote a famous
book. Help us to write famous books, inspired by N.'s example..."

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA