[Magdalen] Fwd: The Almost Daily eMo From The Geranium Farm

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 06:47:04 PDT 2014

Well, you know, a lot of these folks, on one side or the other, were our
individual ancestors. We can't do anything about our DNA. I've made peace
with the fact that some of my ancestors were slaveholders. As my daughter
says, "I hope they were kind." It's the way things were. Just as some of
our founding fathers were slaveholders. It's history. Deal with it. I've
come to believe that some of the stuff that was done during and directly
after the Civil War is in many ways directly responsible for some of
today's political climate in the south.

Rant mode off.