[Magdalen] Roger's 2014 tri

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:26:35 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:46 AM, Roland Orr <roland at orr55.org> wrote:

> Roger
> There are some good Civil War battle sites in your route. When I was
> there, I was taken round on one day. Very interesting

While in the Norfolk area, a trip across the bridge tunnel (to Hampton, not
the longer Chesapeake Bay bridge tunnel) can get you to Fort Monroe, built
in 1823 by a Lt Robert Lee. The
Casemate Museum is worth the trip. Also has the house where Poe lived when
he was stationed there.

I was bandmaster there in the late 70's. The post closed 2 years ago so
it's actually easier to get on now than before,

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

http//:pdanbrittain.com
 <http://pdanbrittain.com>* <http://pdanbrittain.com/>*
Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles
Commissions accepted