[Magdalen] Vassar campus

James Oppenheimer oppenheimerjw at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 21:21:11 PDT 2014

Went to my first rehearsal of Cappella Festiva, a choral ensemble directed
by a very dynamic and highly skilled Vassar professor of music.
At about 7:30, as I was parking my car, three deer (probably a doe and her
fawns) browsed the grass nearby.  While I watched, a man walked down the
road and passed within just about six feet of them, and they just stood
there looking at him and went back to feeding quietly.

Returning to my car at 9:30, I saw another deer with a magnificent set of
antlers in about the same spot.

Somehow they know that in that area they are safe.

James W. Oppenheimer
on this Earth.”  -- *Roberto Clemente