[Magdalen] Film

Allan Carr allanc25 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 16:29:24 PDT 2014

Not so odd.
When I was young, I slept on a couch with some chairs backed up against it.
One night when I was maybe six or seven, i woke up seeing flames everywhere
and my screams woke up my father and mother, who doused out the flames on
the table. I doubt it was classy enough to be a dining room table, but
maybe it was since the surface was certainly wood. No doubt my father of
the nicotine stained fingers had set it on fire.
>From then on, my memory of that table is of the surface of that table with
bits of newspaper imbedded everywhere in it with partial sentences that
could be read. The newspapers had been used to provide a soft surface,
which I guess is mandatory for dining room tables.
I don't remember any conversations around that table, before or after the
fire.

--
Allan Carr