[Magdalen] Whither Scotland?

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 13:06:55 PDT 2014

The official announcement is expected around breakfast-time or a
little later from the central election site near Edinburgh. I've
always admired U.K. elections for having official announcements. I
suppose we've got those, too, but we've all heard the outcomes ad
nauseam via news outlets' projections even before voting ends. In the
U.K, I gather every constituency has its announcement done publicly,
giving the final totals. Seems efficient and civilized. And if the
scheme for collecting vote-counts is efficient, the results can bubble
up to whatever level is needed rather swiftly, with paper to back up
the results in case of dispute or very close totals.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA