[Magdalen] Whither Scotland?

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 19 23:17:46 PDT 2014

I went to St Pierre et Miquelon for French lessons in 1972 and one night I
went to a general party, there was an Acadian band playing. I later found
out there is quite a large circuit. the groups go from present day Acadia
which is the southern part of the Gaspé peninsula, the Magdalen Islands,
much of New Brunswick, still some Nova Scotia, up and down New England and
over to Mobile and Louisiana and East Tejas. The music is pretty much the
same--the finger dancing and the slapping of the thighs etc. etc.

Joe