[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 13:39:53 PDT 2014

One thing that often happens in organizations is that the person in a
position will agree to stay "until they find someone." That, of course,
provides no incentive for actually finding someone.  What I try to get
folks to do is to say, "As of [date] you'll need to have another person for
this job."  If they don't have another person, that's their problem, not
yours. It actually works once people get up the gumption to try it.  And if
no one steps up for a project, maybe that project needs to die. (I realize
treasurer doesn't fall into that category...)
If the church needs someone to fill the position of MC and you don't want
to do it, make it very clear to the rector that you aren't interested and
then let go of it.  God will call the right person for that position, maybe
someone who is even now dying to do it!

Grace, really enjoying being able to say "no" after years of too many
"yeses"

--
Grace Cangialosi
Ruckersville, VA

"There are a lot of amazing people out there to be thankful for--
and a loving God. that's what life is about."
                                                                   Robin
Williams,  1951-2014