[Magdalen] Grrr-r-r-r-r...

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Thu Sep 25 08:05:38 PDT 2014

From: M J [Mike] Logsdon

>Only because it's good advertising for my insurance company, my State Farm
>policy (which I've had since approx 1988) has, via Comprehensive Coverage, free
> >towing anywhere, anytime, anyetc.

Most insurance companies offer free towing as part of their comprehensive
policies. And even those who charge usually tack on $6-10 a year.

And the lagniappe is that unlike AAA membership dues, no part of the fee goes
toward promoting highways and opposing mass transit, which might be important
for folk who are concerned about, say global warming.

As for the KIA, batteries don’t act like they did 20-30 years ago or more. If
you see sudden corrosion around a terminal and have problems, there's likely
something much more important wrong and replacing the battery wont solve the
underlying issue. When I was young, I did my own work on my car, but gave up
when they became complicated, sane as I gave up on fixing radio and tvs when
tubes gave way to ICs <g>.

Of course now, there aren’t any TV/Radio repair people left, so I'm reverting --
having just bought parts for my C3X Cassette Deck and my Akai RTR deck, but we
digress . . .

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie