[Magdalen] This saying No is tough

Mahoney, W. Michael wmmah at stoneledge.net
Thu Sep 25 18:04:24 PDT 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 5:28 PM, Scott Knitter <scottknitter at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Isn't this a lovely email for a volunteer webmaster to receive from
> the paid staff member who should really be doing the work?

Some years back I was a newish Senior Warden with a rector who had gone off
on sabbatical.  I thought things were running pretty smoothly when all of a
sudden I got a rather curt letter from The Bishop reprimanding us for not
submitting the Parochial Report on time.  It seems that the whole diocese
was going to come to a complete halt and the budget process delayed with
irrevocable harm because little old Trinity Church was delinquent.  As I
had never prior to that time heard of a "parochial" report, I was more than
a little miffed.  So I sent him back a letter saying that I was the Lord's
servant, not his.

Mike M.