[Magdalen] (SPAM: ?) Litany of British saints for use by those who want Scotland to say "No"

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 06:53:24 PDT 2014

I remember visiting Scotland long ago and being struck by Glencoe, where
the MacDonald had been fallen upon by the treacherous Campbells.  After
a later visit, when I was telling my uncle about the trip, I mentioned
that I had spoken proudly of being a MacRae, but hadn't mentioned
Campbell.  He snorted and said of his mother, my grandmother,  that 'a
finer woman never walked this earth."  True enough -- I felt ashamed and
never did that again.  I remember her as the quintessential grandmother,
a sweet, slight woman, with lace-up black shoes,  long dark polkadot
dress, wire-rimmed glasses, and white hair with a little bun at the nape
of her neck.  She made glorious lemon meringue pies ....

Marion, a pilgrim    ... today my sail I lift ....