[Magdalen] GTS

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Tue Sep 30 09:44:25 PDT 2014

From: Cantor03--- via Magdalen

>(1) In this scenario, the Dean and the faculty dissidents come to
>     some sort of middle ground and remain in  place.  I don't see how
>     there can ever be trust on either side, and the  wounds would be
>     very slow, if not impossible to heal.

Middle ground expired with the last Dean,  think

>(2) The Dean resigns leaving the faculty intact.  Pity the new Dean
>      who must step over the war injured and  attempt to be leader.

The end of GTS, for sure.

>3)  The Dean resigns and the dissident faculty resignations are  also
>      accepted, leaving a residual  carry-over faculty of three.  A
>      qualified and dedicated replacement  faculty would be difficult
>      to put in place to say the  least.

I don’t think that would be so difficult at all -- it **is** New York City,
after all <g>. There are dozens of well-qualified clergy/professors who would be
outstanding -- including some retirees who'd be delighted to come in for a year
or two.

But that still would not address the problems that were ignored or compromised
into oblivion before Dean Dunkle was called and would remain until the place
went to way of Seabury or even Mercer <g>.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie