[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 00:49:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 4:50 PM, Kate Conant <kate.conant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we can go on to various words for couch/davenport/sofa/Chesterfield
> ???? <grin>

Our Canadian organist/choirmaster in East Cupcake would use terms like
Chesterfield as though everyone everywhere used that term. I remember
a choir party at his house when his wife told one of the tenors she
had picked up a dropped glove of his and put in on the Chesterfield.
He blinked and said, "Quick: name three synonyms for Chesterfield!"
hoping one of them would enlighten him as to where his glove was.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA