[Magdalen] Terminology query (was Re: speaking of downsizing...)

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 15:34:22 UTC 2015

It's a wonderful hymn to sing in parts especially. St. Barnabas, the
Episcopal-Lutheran congregation I was music coordinator for at one time,
contained a number of former Baptists and Methodists, and they were best
(and I secretly thought happiest) at LEVAS II hymns, so I scheduled a lot
of them. This was a favorite, along with "Blessed Assurance", "The Old
Rugged Cross", and ":Leaning on the Everlasting Arms".