[Magdalen] Federal appeal ruling in favor of SC Bp vonRosenbert

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:04:53 UTC 2015

The breakaways have kept the name of the diocese: The Episcopal Diocese of
South Carolina.  They have also kept certain marks of the diocese such as
the shield.  These folks maintain that they are an 'episcopal' church
because they have a bishop, so the name, etc. belongs to them.

The Episcopal Church is what it says it is...the breakaway church did not
steal that.  The South Carolina diocese is using the name The Episcopal
Church in South Carolina until the courts settle the question of name and
more importantly, that Bp Charles vonRosenberg is the rightful bishop of
The Episcopal Church in SC (which will have its rightful name returned
simultaneously as vR being identified as the rightful bishop).

It is eye-crossing confusing.
Ginga