[Magdalen] Church as Personality Billy Graham

Jim Guthrie jguthrie at pipeline.com
Sat Apr 4 21:15:50 UTC 2015

jay.weigel at gmail.com writes:

>I could  be wrong, but ISTM that it is more likely to happen in
>non-eucharistic  churches where the focus is so much on preaching rather
>than on liturgy.  Think about it....Schuller and Billy Graham both came from
>these  traditions, and look where their offspring have got to.  Especially
>Graham's. Franklin Graham gives me the  creeps.

You might want to review photos and paintings of Episcopal Church interiors in
the 19th Century, where the Pulpit is central and the altar is off in a dark
corner. There are still a few Virginia Churches (famous one escapes m at the
moment) and perhaps others that reflect this. One of the  rancor that led to the
establishment of the Reformed Episcopal Church was over the influence of
American Oxford Movement followers who were busy remodeling churches.

Cheers,
Jim Guthrie