[Magdalen] Still Lent

Ann Markle ann.markle at aya.yale.edu
Mon Apr 6 12:53:00 UTC 2015

What Lynn said, Jim.  One of the reasons the church seasons can be so
meaningful is that they reflect the seasons of our life at various times.
I think this is a Maundy Thursday time of your life -- desolation in the
garden -- as well as the grief and loss of Good Friday.  My prayers are
with you daily.

I remember praying the daily office after 9/11, and being jarred by all the
canticles of praise.  But eventually it was a comforting reminder that God
is God, still there, grieving with us, worthy of praise.  Resurrection is
still a promise, not yet fulfilled for you.  I hope you can hang on to the
promise, even as you're not yet experiencing it.  I am so sorry that the 2
of you have to go through all this -- it seems more than anyone should have
to bear.

Ann

The Rev. Ann Markle
Buffalo, NY