[Magdalen] Moving forward (eas Re: Test)

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 8 16:43:52 UTC 2015

On 08/04/2015 14:49, Lynn Ronkainen wrote:
> Blessings for wading in. I hope the former search committee are all aiding the new curve.
> It saddens me when some of this new rector's option stuff has not been communicated, "heard" or understood.
> May your voice, presence and support for this new "thing" be a quiet and peaceful force for good.
> peace
> Lynn

A new Vicar came to the parish where I now live last July, a few months
before I moved into it.  Iver recent months he has been leading a
consultation with the parish on where it is now and how it should move
forward.  During Lent there was a series of sermons, the middle ones by
others but with him delivering the first and last. After the last one I
congratulated him on delivering a brave sermon.

During it he had referred to some parishes that have an over-exalted
view of their own importance (true of this one in my view having been in
a neighbouring parish for 15 years) and the need to drop some things
that hinder the Church's mission.  He has already effected some changes
to the Sunday Eucharist and I sense a deep quiet spirituality within
him.  When I said he had been brave his response was that it needed to
be said and some things needed to go.

I hope to keep in touch as I move into a period when I am going to be
elsewhere more on Sundays than I am there.

Roger