[Magdalen] Quiet in the pub...

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 01:22:59 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/11/2015 9:13:43 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
houstonklr at gmail.com writes:

Reporting from CT - there are still piles of dirty snow here near  large
parking lots, in the perennial shade of high rocky road cuts ABD at the
Hartford airport I thought this >>>>

The snow is finally gone here in the Pennsylvania Poconos.   Temperatures
have been fairly consistently 35 F night and 60 F day.   Daffodils are
just beginning to show, and the bellwether larches' buds are  beginning
to swell.

My daughter Wendy, here from Denver has expressed surprise that
it still looks so wintry, as spring in that city is more firmly  entrenched.
Of course, they get those crazy snows in April and even May.

She's correct, though, that we're a couple weeks behind.  I note  that
this weekend is the height of Washington's cherry blossoms, but it
will be another month before we have cherries blooming.

David Strang.