[Magdalen] Old photos

Cantor03 at aol.com Cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Apr 12 04:19:42 UTC 2015

In a message dated 4/11/2015 10:50:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
gracecan at gmail.com writes:

I  was struck by the difference in quality between the color and black and
white  pictures; the color ones have all faded, while the black and white
ones could  have been taken yesterday.>>>

And yet 35mm slides from the same era remain clear with colors
intact.

I used mostly during those years when I also was in Germany
(1966-1970) the old Kodachrome 25, and toward the end of that
period some Kodachrome X.  There was some Kodar Ektachrome
as well.  Even the Agfachrome from those days seems intact.

I really must start dumping a lot of these.  They are not of  interest
to my kids.  There are some family slides that I will keep.

I didn't do prints back in those days.  Sounds as though that may  have
been a good idea.

David Strang.