[Magdalen] My Surgery May 19th

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 23:05:55 UTC 2015

Folks,

My surgery is scheduled for 11 AM, Tuesday, May 19, 2015.  I will be in
hospital overnight.  I appreciate your prayers.  John will update after
surgery on my computer.  My recovery should take 3-4 weeks.  I’ll be on
email as soon as possible, as you might guess.

My surgeon says that this surgery should go easily.  He does not expect to
find invasive disease.  I will have a bilateral mastectomy only.  Any
reconstruction, which I do not plan on having, would be at a later date.

Surgery is more than a month away.  I have 20 hours of continuing education
to do before then, Ginny will visit and take services at Good Shepherd, and
some complement of our sons' families will be visiting at that time too.
Plus, senior warden's tasks have increased tremendously since our PiC's
wife died and he has taken a leave of absence.  Whew!  Don't have time to
worry.

All is well.

Ginga