[Magdalen] Spring has Sprung.

Charles Wohlers charles.wohlers at verizon.net
Sat Apr 18 22:24:19 UTC 2015

Started out gorgeous here, but then the front came through and it's cooled
off. The good news is - the snow's almost gone! Several largish patches here
& there, but mostly it's bare ground, for the first time since December. The
disappearing snow, of course, reveals many things - I found a shovel I
forgot I had, and, in a tiny pond I found, of all things, a 20-dollar bill!
One of use must have dropped it long ago.

The ground has even dried out enough for planting. I moved two little apple
trees which I had grafted a few years ago, and started turning over part of
the garden to plant peas & lettuce tomorrow. No vole damage to my trees,
TBTG.

The phoebe arrived a few days ago and Lee saw a robin today, so that means
spring is truly here.

Chad Wohlers
Woodbury, VT USA
chadwohl at satucket.com