[Magdalen] Prayer request summary update

Eleanor Braun eleanor.braun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 20:29:44 UTC 2015

"for  sister Eleanor Braun, being treated for ovarian cancer" can be
deleted.

I finished chemo on March 26 -- slightly postponed so I could get a blood
transfusion on March 23, because my red blood cells were feeling poorly and
I was very fatigued.

My sister Pam is here visiting.  She came to be with me for a consultation
with my surgeon who is one of the top docs at Dana Farber Cancer Institute
in Boston.  After looking at a CT scan and my blood work, he pronounced me
in remission.

The reality is that this is a very aggressive cancer, and may well recur.
The longer I go without recurrence the better.  But I am feeling stronger
all the time.  Although I tolerated the chemo very well, it does trash the
blood and fatigue sets in.  Plus the treatment took place during our horrid
winter, so I couldn't even get out to walk.

Pam and I drove up to Provincetown yesterday, hand fed some birds   walked
on the beach some, and up the main drag.  Yesterday was the most exercise
I've got since this whole thing started.  I got sunburned.  It was
marvelous.

Many thanks for your prayers and support!

Eleanor