[Magdalen] Detroit Again.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:24:46 UTC 2015

A childhood friend moved from our neighborhood centered around Normandy Road
(W side of Woodward) a few blocks in, out to a little cul de sac off of Lone
Pine back in the late 50s.... a mile past Franklin Road IIRC... We walked
miles and road our bikes even further when I'd go out and spend the night or
several days at a time in the summers.  Barns and orchards still dotted the
area and dirt roads all around  well into the late '70s... soon large scale
homes filled in  and built out the area by the '90s. In the end it was more
huge homes compared to the original homes scattered amid the pines (well,
probably since the '80s, but it's been years since I've been back there).
Their beautiful and unique 'tri level' has probably become a tear down.

My family moved from that Normandy Road area in the early '60s out to a road
just short of 16 mile (Big Beaver, east of Woodward, Quarton Rd, west of
Woodward)... tucked into the woods and still pretty rural but lovely homes.
My parents build their dream home in there, and when I tried to google it
once, the area had only overhead, no drive-down-the-road pictures, sadly.
The roof outline made me realize that owners since my folks moved in '71
have added on to the house.  It's probably still kind of a tucked away road,
with people who enjoy their privacy. Funny how we can look at actual houses
on the internet...

My email has changed to: houstonKLR at gmail.com

website: www.ichthysdesigns.com

attributed to Erma Bombeck